You can always tell when it’s this time of year, because the blog gets kinda silent. You know I’m working on something — well here it is! The FOURTH big issue of Retro Game SuperHyper fanzine is available now!
At 60 pages, it’s the biggest issue yet — that’s right, the ‘zine has almost doubled in size since I started it!
In this issue:
- 2020’s Best Retro!
- One of a Kind – an interview with collector Julius Viloria!
- Plays Like the Real Arcade Game – a look at the Colecovision’s lesser-known arcade licenses!
- After the Aftershock – an interview with veteran arcade owner Brad Van!
- Family Tree – how Atari, Midway, Williams, and more are all connected!
- Waxing Nostalgic – a pictorial of 1980s video game trading cards!
- Modding an Arcade 1up – a journal of my tate-mode A1up project!
- Videogame ‘Zines Vol. 2 – another look at more indie videogame mags!
- Cliff Hanger: All the Moves! – a guide to the 1983 laserdisc game made of Lupin the 3rd footage!
- Retro Game SuperFunny – CARTOONS!
(As soon as my copies arrive, I’ll be making a flip-through video of course!)
For this issue, I ended up with sort of a dual theme running throughout: a vibe of 1980s arcade nostalgia, as well as the concept of “making gaming your own.” With most of the articles dealing with either arcade-related topics, or customizing your gaming experiences and collection, or a crossover of the two, issue 4 turned out to be a cohesive collection of features that cleverly cross-reference each other. I’m very proud of how it turned out and I hope you enjoy it.
As always, there’s a printed physical edition as well as a PDF download, and if you buy the print version the PDF is FREE! Order yours today RIGHT HERE!
And please help spread the word by linking to this page or my MagCloud shop page! ‘Zines only work with everyone’s support. Thanks and enjoy the ‘zine!!